QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118 occurs when a new QuickBooks Software is installed. Users might get the following messages.
- License of the software cannot be verified. “QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- License of the software cannot be verified. “[Error: 3371, Status Code -1]QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- License of the software cannot be verified. “[Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
Why This Error is Occuring
- Your Antivirus program is outdated or it is not allowing the process of some important company files that are required to run QuickBooks.
- Your windows operating system is outdated or not working properly.
- Components or files that required to run QuickBooks are missing or damaged.
QBregistration.dat–An installation file of QuickBooks which consist crucial informations regarding the license and registration of your QuickBooks software.Every time you run QuickBooks software, this file also opened to verify license information. QuickBooks did not get verified properly if this file gets damaged or missing and as a result you this error code.
Corrupted MSXML component -MSXML is a Microsoft component needed to run the QuickBooks Desktop software properly. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop to recover the details in the Qbregistration.dat file allowing QB to open.
⏺ User might face the problem of Error Code 3371 due to unsaved data. He or she might be accessing the company file before saving the needed data. Ensure that the file is first saved and then import the company file.
Resolution or Fixing of QuickBooks Error 3371
In order to resolve this error of desktop license non-verification, the best solution will be to approach the certified QuickBooks experts set up by Intuit themselves. However, there are certain tricks that a user can employ before approaching the Intuit guided team for which few points need to be kept in mind:
⏺ Ensure that the software is up to date with all the recent update patches released by Microsoft. This is imperative as its absence can lead to damage and corruption of the QuickBooks Desktop version.
⏺ In case the error continues after updating the operating system, certain tricks are laid out below which can be used to recover the software from most of the problems. The best solution will be to perform these tricks under expert guidance of an IT professional.
Two basic ways to tackle the QuickBooks Error Code 3371 are showcased below:
1. Update your windows operating system to the newest release.
a. Click on the start button.
b. Locate UPDATE WINDOWS in all programs.
c. Install QuickBooks again after your windows gets updated.
2. In case the error still persists, the next option is to go forward with three main resolution methods as guided by the QuickBooks experts. The point to keep in mind, however, is that for best result, all the methods should be followed in the same order. Moreover, user should try to access the software after every method in order to verify which solution worked, but if the first solution does not work then the user should proceed to next one.
- Develop the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file again which has become corrupted, in order to repair the registration and license problems.
- Download and install the Intuit developed QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to verify and consequently resolve the problems occurred with MSXML, Microsoft .NET Framework and C++
- Completely uninstall the software and then reinstall it employing clean install tool.
In the scenario, wherein the QuickBooks Error 3371 still persists even after completing the three mentioned resolution tips, it is advised to get in touch with QuickBooks Support having professional IT knowledge as well. They are adept in handling such errors and will guarantee provide users with feasible solution. Intuit has been trying to update its many features under QuickBooks software in order to accord users with improved quality of tools. Alternatively user can also connect with third party support, call us on our Toll Free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 and connect with QuickBooks Customer Support today!